10 Interesting Tips On Homework For School students
Those parents who are involved in children’s studies reduce the stress of school homework assignments for them. It is not tough to decipher. By involving themselves, parents learn a lot about how homework should be approached and this knowledge, they can impart to their children. Let us take a look at 10 very interesting tips on homework for school students.
- Show your children the importance of homework. Tell them how it may seem a small homework for them but in truth, it is a character building exercise which teaches time management, organization, sense of responsibility and qualities of multitasking. Also, teach them, why is homework important to keep in touch with the education imparted in school
- Parents should not miss on parents-teachers meeting. This is the best way to know the teachers personally and their viewpoint and approach to homework. For instance, if there is a specific homework policy followed by the school?
- Create an area in home which is very friendly to doing homework. This place must have ample light, a sense of openness and a full house of stationery.
- Encourage children to finish off their homework in a pre-decided timeframe. For instance, you can tell children to work between 6 pm and 8 pm on homework assignments.
- Motivate your students to do homework with tokens and rewards. Such rewards do not necessarily have to be tangible. They can be anything, even a warm hug. Of course, an Oreo shake can boost them better. But when children know they will be patted on their back or rewarded for a good job, they may set themselves on the job with greater discipline.
- Set a nice example for your children. Read in your spare time. Children feel that if parents can study at home even when they are not asked to, then there must be something nice about studying at home.
- Be very sure to praise your children when they do something commendable with one of the homework assignments.
- Keep reiterating without being pushy the various benefits of homework, what is homework given for, and why doing no homework can hurt.
- Plan the homework of your children for them. Jot down “do homework” schedules on planners or Smartphones with reminders via alerts when something becomes due and an even bigger reminder when something becomes overdue. Parents, you can think of Wrike as the model.
- If the homework still looks insurmountable, you can go to hundreds of websites which offer homework help.
Remember, homework is still part of the school curriculum because there is something to be gained from it. It is not something the students love to do but if parents ingrain in them the importance of doing homework, they will come around good enough.